Free sessions for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds
We run an Ofsted registered childcare facility providing up to 15 hours of free childcare to pre-schoolers every week.
WHO IS IT FOR AND WHEN IS IT?
Our nursery sessions are for 2 to 4-year-olds Mondays to Fridays during term-time 9.00am-12.00pm and 12.30pm-3.30pm.
The aim of this programme is to support children's learning and development and give parents who are economically disadvantaged access to childcare.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
We have a spacious and friendly playroom divided into areas that offer a range of play and learning experiences as well as a quiet space for relaxing.
We also have a large outdoor play area designed to stimulate children’s physical development and well-being.
WHY IS IT FREE?
The Greenhouse Project is an approved provider of FREE Early Education for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds funded by the Government.
A free place is a total of 570 hours which equates to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks.
There is some flexibility but the hours must be taken over a minimum of a two days each week for between 2.5 and 10 hours each day.
IS MY 2-YEAR-OLD ELIGIBLE?
Your 2-year-old will be eligible for a free place if you are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income related)
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year
- Working Tax credits with annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
OR, IF HE/SHE:
- Has a current Statement of Special Educational Needs/Disabilities or an Education Health Care Plan
- Is looked after by the local authority
- Receives a Personal Independence Payment Award (PIP)
IS MY 3 OR 4-YEAR-OLD ELIGIBLE?
All toddlers are entitled to 15 hours per week from the age of 3 until they reach school age.
HOW TO REGISTER
To check eligibility and register your child for a free place contact Diane on 0151 726 8099 or email email@example.com
Parent partnerships and activities
All our staff are qualified and experienced. However, we recognise that parents are their child’s first teacher and that the best opportunities for learning happen when we work in partnership.
We work closely with parents and carers to get to know children and to plan and develop appropriate activities that support their learning, taking into consideration their interests and experiences.
Your support is a contribution to your child’s learning journey.
Parents are encouraged to play a part in celebrations, events and festivals. Or you can find creative ways of sharing your skills with staff and children.
Volunteering is a vital part of how The Greenhouse Project works. Why not stay and play for a while, read to your child and others and see how your child responds to our facility?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO ENSURING THAT PARENTS/CARES ARE:
- Made to feel welcome at all times and are encouraged to visit and play alongside their child
- Have access to and contribute to their child’s records and learning journey
- Encouraged to work with their children alongside Greenhouse staff
- Have the opportunity to review their child’s progress on a regular basis
- Informed of nursery policies, procedures and guidelines
- Offered opportunities to contribute to and participate in curriculum, festivals and all events